Stop using chians due to:
- visible damage to the chain: bent, cracked or crushed links must be removed from use immediately,
- chains with visible signs of wear, if the wear of the chain link exceeds 10% of the diameter of the link material,
- deformed joints that are curved or if they are stretched by more than 5% of their basic length, they must be excluded from use,
- hooks in which the openness has increased by more than 10% or are otherwise deformed,
- hooks without locks (guards), except for container hooks (foundry hooks),
- notches, tears, cracks and other mechanical damage to the chain or other parts,
- deformations due to heating (eg friction, radiation),
- damage caused by chemicals,
- chains without identification plate.
All the above-mentioned injuries (deformations, fractures, tears, ...) require the removal of the load chain from use and replacement with a new one.